Well, the season of crunchy, delicious salads has finally arrived. Chicken salads are the perfect combination of yummy and healthy. They are easy to prepare, tasty and low on calories, so who would say no, really?
1. “Skinny” Caesar Salad
- Olive oil
- One pound of boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 1/8 teaspoon of pure kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of fresh black pepper
- Half cup of soft tofu
- 1 to 3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Half tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- Half teaspoon of anchovy paste
- Half teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of water
- Parmesan cheese (by choice)
- 8 to 10 cups of fresh romaine lettuce
- 1 cup of croutons (preferably fat-free)
Heat your oven to at least medium-high temperature. Then, put some olive oil on the chicken breasts and gently season them with a bit of salt and fresh black pepper.
Start grilling the chicken, and wait for at least 5 minutes for each side of the chicken breasts. Put the chicken breasts on to the cutting board and cut them into tiny pieces.
After you are done with preparing the meat, mix the rest of the ingredients, preferably in a blender. That way, you will get a creamy, homemade sauce, way more delicious than the sauces you can get in the market in your neighborhood. If you want to make the sauce less creamy, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of water.
Take the lettuce, the homemade dressing and the croutons, and toss them in a huge salad bowl. Arrange the chicken breasts over the mixture and sprinkle some parmesan on top. Voilà – your salad is ready!
2. Mango and Avocado Chicken Salad
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- ¾ tablespoons of fresh ginger (gently peeled)
- 4 halves of boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- Cooking spray
- 8 to 9 cups of mixed green salad
- 1 cup of mango (gently peeled)
- ¾ cups of avocado (also peeled)
First, you start preparing this salad by grilling the pan. After that, place the olive oil, the chutney, juice, ginger and soy sauce in a tiny bowl.Then, put the chicken in a larger plate. Take the oil mixture and place it over the chicken breasts. Let it stay like that for about 5 minutes.
Put the chicken breasts on the grill. Start grilling the chicken, brushing the mixture with the olive oil. Start slicing the chicken into perfect strips, and after doing that, arrange the mango, avocado and the green salad on four different serving plates.
Arrange the chicken breasts on top of the greens. Start drizzling the dressing on top – there you have it! A yummy mango and avocado salad is the perfect, low-calorie meal for any day of the week.
3. Garbanzo Salad with Chicken Halves
- 9-ounces of chicken breast halves
- 1 can of garbanzo chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of cucumber
- Half cup of onions (at least 4 small onions)
- Half cup of plain yogurt (fat-free is our preference)
- 2 or 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1/3 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1/3 or ¼ feta cheese containing crumbled pepper
- 4 lemon pieces
This is an easy, Mediterranean salad that will serve as the perfect starting dish. All you have to do is combine all of the ingredients, and gently fold the spinach leaves alongside the feta.
After combining these ingredients, start cooking the chicken breast halves. It will only take about 15 to 20 minutes to prepare this delicious Italian salad.
4. Grapes, Apples and Walnuts Chicken Salad
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 2 apples
- 2 walnuts
- Half onion (chopped)
- 3 stalks of freshly chopped celery
- 3 or 4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Half cup of vanilla yogurt
- 5 to 6 tablespoons of salad dressing
- 5 to 6 tablespoons of mayo
- 25 red grapes cut in halves
It takes only 25 minutes to make this meal, and all you have to do is toss the chicken halves, apples, onion, walnuts, celery and the freshly squeezed lemon juice and place them in a huge bowl.
Whisk the fresh vanilla yogurt along with the mayo and the salad dressing in a different bowl. When you finish whisking the mixture, pour it onto the chicken and stir until it is ready. In the end, fold the seedless grapes in the plate and there you have it – a delicious and healthy meal at the same time!
5. Chicken Salad with Red Chile and Peanut Sauce
- ¼ of wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of chopped ginger
- 2 to 3 pepper puree teaspoons
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of homemade honey
- 2 or 3 teaspoons of sesame oil
- Half cup of canola oil
- Fresh pepper
- Half napa cabbage
- Half romaine lettuce
- 2 or 3 shredded carrots
- Half cup of snow peas
- Few cilantro leaves
- Green onion
- 2 or 3 shredded chicken pieces (rotisserie)
- Half cup of roasted peanuts
- Half cup of mint leaves
- Chili oil
- Grilled lime leaves
Start whisking the peanut butter, vinegar, pepper puree, honey, soy sauce, canola and sesame oil into a large or medium bowl. Add some pepper or a little bit of sea salt.
Combine the mixture with carrots, snow peas, lettuce, cabbage, green onion and cilantro. Then, add some dressing in the mixture. If you like chili oil, drizzle the mixture with a little bit of it, and as a final touch, add some lime leaves cut in halves. So, there you go – you have mastered the making of one of the most delicious Chinese salads!
Enjoy – and don’t forget to tell us which one you liked best!